Friday, October 16, 2009

...and There's Love in Idaho <3


Flying to the other side of the country to spend a mere 4 days may seem crazy to the average individual, and perhaps it is crazy, but when love’s got you wrapped around it’s finger... crazy is not a word that comes to mind when contemplating this endeavor. It was October 9, 2009 that I hopped on a plane to see my little Airman. Although the trip maxed out at 14 hours, the feeling of excitement never left me. I felt like a little girl waiting for Christmas. However, that analogy doesn't even do it justice. Jumping into Ty’s arms for the first time in three and half months brought a feeling no Christmas has ever been able to bring. The feeling of comfort, warmth and safety had finally returned. As my head hit his chest, all I could feel was the rapid thumping of his heart...mine beating just as fast. It's funny how nervous you can get to see the other person just from being apart for so long (3 and half months is long for us as of now, but we have been lucky). It was like butterflies on a first date. The wait was finally over. The countdown hit zero. It was a good feeling.

The weekend led us in many directions with many memorable moments to accompany. With every moment being savored, we laughed, we cried, we explored, we loved, and of course... took lots of pictures. It was nice to see the place where he is living. It’s a comforting feeling to know his surroundings and know what he’s talking about when he mentions somewhere or something in his new life out there. One of our weekend adventures lead us to the most beautiful canyons that was surrounded by mountains. We didn't intend on going there, just sort of stumbled upon it. It was like we entered Idaho's little secret place of beauty. It was a sight unlike any one could find in Maine. Maine is beautiful, but this was a different kind of beauty. It was breathtaking. I felt so lucky to be able to be sharing the awe with Ty. It was a special afternoon that we will always remember. I have no doubt that we will embark on many more adventures together such as this throughout our years in the Air Force, and it’s an exciting thought to have. Knowing that we will be seeing many different parts of the world, hand in hand, sounds like the best forcast for life I’ve ever heard. I will never forget the 4 days I spent in Idaho. It had been a while since I felt so happy. Being able to spend 4 days with my best friend is one of the greatest things anyone could ever give me. I would give up most anything if it meant I could be wrapped inside his arms for even a minute. Everytime I am blessed enough to have this opportunity, I am given even more confirmation that we are right together. Together is the goal, together is just the way it should be. End of story. The thought of someday being together is what keeps us going each and every day. It hurts to be constantly torn from the one you are so in love with, but it is these heartaches that will make us stronger. With every goodbye we are one goodbye closer to our goal.

No comments: